START your PYTHON Engine
Please watch this video and follow the points below:
In this video, we show you:
- How to install Python
- How to get data and code
- How to use Python for Deep Credit Risk
1. How to install Python: we recommend the following installations on your computer:
- Download the Anaconda for Python 3.x from: www.anaconda.com;
- Select your operating system;
- Choose either the 32bit or 64bit option;
- Go through the installation prompts. Click on "Add Anaconda to my PATH environment variable. [...]";
- After the installation, search for Anaconda Navigator in the Start menu. Here you will find several applications. We recommend using Jupyter Notebook or Spyder.
2. How to get data and code:
- Download pressing the button below;
- Consider saving data and code in the same folder;
- Extract file dcr.py.
We have also provided all-in download packages for you if you use Jupyter Notebook on your Desktop or Google Colab in the download area.
3. How to use Python for Deep Credit Risk:
- Open your preferred IDE (i.e., Spyder or Jupyter Notebook);
- Open your Anaconda Prompt from the Start menu. Navigate to the Anaconda directory. Type: "PIP install pydot" (press enter) and "PIP install tabulate" (press enter);
- Update line 71 in file dcr.py by the path where you have saved file dcr.csv. If dcr.csv is in the same location as your IDE file then no path is required and line 71 is "data = pd.read_csv('dcr.csv')";
- You are now ready to start. We reccomend working through all chapters in the natural order.